With the number of dramas, disasters and raunchy moments that go on in some of our favorite Netflix series, there’s no surprise the characters enjoy a drink… or ten to get them through the mayhem.
We all love to get lost in the storylines of some of our favourite Netflix series, particularly with an alcoholic tipple. But have you ever wondered what the Duke of Hastings go-to tipple is?
As part of their new study, online drinks retailer, The Bottle Club, has pulled together five cocktail recipes inspired by some of the booziest characters on Netflix. Are you ready to drink with the stars?
The “Gibson” Cocktail – Beth Harmon (The Queen’s Gambit)
The ‘Gibson Cocktail’, a martini-style drink where the traditional olive is switched for a pickled-onion, is inspired by Beth Harmon who is the biggest drinker across 10 of the most-watched Netflix series of 2020.
The research found Beth consumed a whopping 48.1 units of alcohol on her own across all 7 episodes of the series.
The Gibson cocktail, featured in episode 3 lead to a 333% rise in searches after the recipe aired mid-October proving just how popular it was.
- Add all liquid ingredients into a mixing glass with ice
- Stir and strain into a chilled coupe
- Garnish with cocktail onions on a pick
American Cooler – Guinevere Beck (You)
Guinevere Beck from the hit Netflix drama You, is the second biggest drinker, drinking a total of 35.5 units of alcohol, her go-to tipple being wine.
This American Netflix phenomenon with its dark twists and turns, is not for the faint-hearted, which is why the American Cooler is perfectly suited to Beck, sweet with a bitter twist.
- 30ml (1 oz) Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- 30 ml (1 oz) Cinzano Vermouth di Torino Rosso
- 120 ml (4oz) Taittinger Brut Rose NV Champagne
- 1 Lemon
- Build ingredients in order listed into a highball glass over ice
- top with Gruet Brut Rose or sparkling wine
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
Beermosa – Geralt of Riva (The Witcher)
Geralt of Rivia is the main protagonist of the Witcher series. His profession, a superhuman warrior hunting down monsters for money- but he has another guilty pleasure and that’s drinking!
Whilst he only drank 22.2 units during the first series, 100% of his drinks were alcoholic, with his go-to poison being ale.
This Beermosa cocktail is a delicious play on the classic Mimosa brunch cocktail- but with beer! If Geralt fancies cracking the bar open early, this is the perfect tipple to do so.
- 13 fl oz (380ml) Heineken Premium Lager, chilled
- 1 ounce (30m) Cointreau
- Orange juice
- Garnish: fresh orange slice
- Add the Cointreau to a chilled glass.
- Pour the beer into the glass 2/3 full.
- Then pour orange juice into the remaining 1/3 of the glass.
- Gently stir the beer, liquor, and juice together.
- Garnish with a fresh orange wedge.
Champagne Cocktail – Simon Basset (Bridgerton)
The Bridgerton cast is a sociable bunch, with a countless number of society balls it is almost preposterous to not see characters with a glass of champagne in hand.
The show’s biggest heartthrob, Simon Basset the Duke of Hastings is the Bridgertons biggest drinker in series one, consuming 19.5 units of alcohol across the series.
Whilst his favourite tipple is wine, he loves a drink that much this classy champagne cocktail is right up his street.
- ¾ teaspoon bitters
- (15ml) ½ ounce lemon juice
- (7ml) ¼ oz maple syrup
- 180ml (6 oz) Champagne
- Twist of lemon
- Stir the bitters, juice and syrup in a flute
- When combined, add the Champagne
- Squeeze the lemon twist over the top, wipe the rim with it and discard
Rusty Nail Cocktail – Marty Byrde (Ozark)
Ozark is a captivating crime drama based in the U.S, and after bingeing the first season, we’re not surprised some of these characters enjoy a stiff drink.
Financial advisor turned money-launder Marty Bryde drank the most in season one and was partial to either a beer or a strong whiskey, sinking 13.9 units.
This Rusty Nail Cocktail, the ultimate Scotch cocktail is served on the rocks, the perfect stiff drink for the Ozark characters.
- Put ice into a whisky glass
- Pour both ingredients
- Enjoy chilled